The Theme of the competitionWe are looking for artists who are suitable for the particular roles & characters while making of the short films. This short film will be of 10-15 minutes. Special consideration will be on the talent & experience of the individual for different roles and responsibilities.
Last date of Submission of Talent.The participants are required to register themselves for the competition before 21st of September, 2011. Only the registered participants will be allowed to submit their entries. Only the entries submitted on or before 21st September will be considered for the current competition requirements.
- All the participants have to register themselves for the competition
- Once selected you will be called for screen testing, auditions or selection procedures to work in a movie and the artist will have to sign a contract with Tumbhi for the same effect.
- The artist will be selected on the basis of ratings & views of their artworks/portfolios in tumbhi.com.
- The artist will be selected on the basis of merit and ratings given by Jury members.
- Artworks from the selected cast & crew will be published on our website http://www.tumbhi.com after the completion of the Short Films Making competition & promoted for other opportunities.
After a 7 year corporate stint, Anubhuti started her career in film industry in 2007 as an assistant director in the film 'Aamir'. She has worked on the following films.
As Assistant Director
- Aamir (2008)
- Dev D (2009)
As Dialogues and Performance Consultant
- Peter Gaya Kaam Se (Yet to be released)
As Associate Director
- Wasseypur (Yet to be released)
- Gangs of Wasseypur (Yet to be released)
- No one killed Jessica (2011)
As Short Film Director
- Let Stalk (for UTV New Media, 2011)
In a middle-class neighbourhood newly-wed Kanchan spends a lonely life in a one-room apartment. New to Mumbai, she prefers to tinker about within the walls of her life, and wait upon her husband to come home. Meanwhile, a gang of young college boys hang about below her window, trying to get her attention. Vicky specially senses an opportunity for a fling with a lonely girl - he tries a few stunts to get Kanchan's attention with the help of his friends.
But Kanchan keeps the boys, and the world, at a distance. She has a secret passion to read and day-dream about the world outside. Her aloofness and silence irritates her husband, resulting in him getting even more distant from her. Destiny has brought Kanchan together with a man who is not interested in books, or dreams.
Vicky can see the mismatch and wants to take advantage of it, but he is just a city-boy who sees relationships as fickle things - easy to exploit. Kanchan, although, a small-town girl who has accepted the reality of her marriage and resigned herself to the four walls of her house, now sees no harm in opening the windows and letting in a little bit of golden sunlight.
Paanch: The story
‘ Paanch ’ was a script writing competition organized by Tumbhi.com back in May 2011. The prize promised was nothing else than a dream chance - To translate the five winning scripts into Short Films under the "Anurag Kashyap Films Pvt Ltd" banner.
Entries came swarming in numbers. A lot of aspiring script writers approached the contest out of which, 10 lucky scripts got shortlisted for a workshop with Anurag Kashyap. In the 9 hour long workshop, the writers got a chance to learn about script writing from none other than Anurag Kashyap himself. He guided the participants with nuisances of script writing, shared tips and gave some practical guidance to make them better writers.
Have a look at the success story of a winning scriptwriter " Ab Main Bhi"
Now that the films are being made, the script writers are able to eyewitness the transformation of their words-on-paper to characters-on-screen. We have video recordings of some of the auditions for the films :- )
The BIG Announcement: "An Opportunity"
Prasoon Mishra and Gunjan Saxena, two of the winners of Tumbhi’ Paanch Contest, signed contract with Anurag Kashyap Films as Script Writers. They are now working for Anurag Kashyap’s upcoming films.
What is Tumbhi? Tumbhi.com
- Tumbhi is a complete and comprehensive entertainment platform for the media industry which offers the following services to talented professionals: Offer your own expertise/skill/talent.
Why is Tumbhi different?
- Tumbhi is different because we seek to change lives. We want to provide the artist and the art lover and art seeker with an alternative. We are highly motivated by the idea that what we are doing is, helping to change people's lives and bring disconnected artists and art lovers together. Our aim is to reach out to artists everywhere and provide them, a platform to showcase their talent.
- In today's world it is either an accident or infinitely laborious task to become famous even if one has great talent. Tumbhi is an attempt to discover their talent, nurture it by arranging proper training and publish their quality work. Tumbhi aims to cover the entire range of arts and artistes and be known for being the most prestigious place for artistes, original art pieces and buyers/lovers of art. What also makes Tumbhi unique is that a specialist from a team of industry experts will review every portfolio that is submitted to the portal. Portfolios that make the grade will be published on Tumbhi. That's why, we believe, we are different. So come and enjoy the Tumbhi experience!
Who will see my portfolio?
- Film producers, production companies, music companies, and composers, book publishers come to us to find you. They are constantly looking to find new artists. They are looking to find new hit songs, instrumentals and tracks for TV and film placements. Others are looking for fresh talent, stories and poems.
How does it work?
- A specialist from our team of highly trained industry veterans will carefully attend/review to each and every portfolio you send us. We guarantee that the people who listen to every one of your submissions will be experts in the type of portfolio you send us. When your portfolio makes the grade for what the expert is looking for, and is just plain great, we will publish it directly on Tumbhi. When viewers love your published portfolio they will contact us. That's what makes Tumbhi such a powerful platform for you - you'll always be responding to somebody who is on the prowl for your type of talent/portfolio.
So how do i begin?
- The first thing you should do is to submit your portfolio. Your portfolio could consists of your photo shoot, song, acting, video, photographs, stories, paintings, poems and more. You can know about the status of your submitted portfolio in your "My Page". My Page will also let you view & search corporate requirements, other portfolios, update your profile information and more. There is also "My showcase" page which becomes your personal webpage showcasing your portfolio. You, your friends and fans can post comments on your portfolio. This showcase page will become your identity to the corporate world.